Kenneth Robert Gillespie (ret.)
Ken Gillespie has lived in New Bern with his wife Pam since 1986. He has been practicing law since 1981. He is the senior member of the law firm of Gillespie & Murphy, P.A., which was organized in September 1991.
He and Pam have two sons. Their oldest, Chris, lives and works in Winston-Salem and their youngest, Ryan, went to be with the Lord in 1982, the year Ken accepted Christ as his Lord and Savior.
Ken is a 1973 graduate of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and he received his law degree from Wake Forest University in 1981. He is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, the North Carolina State Bar, the U.S. Tax Court, the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR), the Christian Legal Society and a former member of the Local Rules Committee for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. He was a board-certified specialist in bankruptcy law from 1994-2004 and now practices exclusively in the area of social security disability and SSI.
Ken and his wife are currently worshipping at Berean Community Church where Ken serves as the Wednesday night Bible study leader. He is a former board member of the Craven Pregnancy Counseling Center now the Eastern Pregnancy Care Center, a crisis pregnancy facility; former legal counsel to Bethesda Exceptional Education Ministries, Inc. of Winston-Salem; a former Bible study leader for Precept Ministries of Chattanooga, Tennessee; and a former volunteer Bible teacher at the Sterling House of New Bern. He has led numerous men's Bible studies in the New Bern area and has served as a Bible study and workshop leader at the Christian Legal Society's national conferences in Lexington, KY, Chicago, IL, and San Antonio, TX.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Social Security Disability and SSI
Certified Legal Specialties
- Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist, North Carolina Sate Bar, 1994-2004
- North Carolina, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1986
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 1986
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1986
- U.S. Tax Court, 1983
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1981
- University of North Carolina, Greensboro, North Carolina
- B.S. - 1973
- Major: Economics
- Avoiding Spiritual Malpractice, Christian Legal Society, 1998
- Marriage at Work, Christian Legal Society, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Christian Legal Society
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR)