Lindsay Murphy was born and raised in New Bern, North Carolina, where she currently resides. Upon her nuptials to her fiancé, Roger, she will be moving to the small town of Pollocksville, North Carolina.
Lindsay attended the University of North Carolina at Wilmington after high school, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies in 2009. During her studies, she was employed by Gillespie & Murphy, P.A. as a legal assistant in their Wilmington location and began full time in their New Bern office after graduation.
She obtained her legal education at North Carolina Central University School of Law in Durham, North Carolina, receiving her Juris Doctorate in 2016. She immediately began practicing law at Gillespie & Murphy, P.A., with a focus on consumer bankruptcy law.
Lindsay is a member of the North Carolina State Bar, North Carolina Bar Association, and National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
Areas of Practice
- North Carolina, 2016
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 2016
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- J.D. - 2016
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- B.A. - 2009
- Major: Communication Studies
- Minor: Leadership Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys