Supplemental Security Income provides benefits for the disabled poor. This part of the Social Security system was created to provide for individuals who cannot provide for themselves. It is a federal program that supplements income for disabled persons who have little or no income. At Gillespie & Murphy, P.A., our attorneys are experienced at helping disabled persons and their families pursue financial benefits through Social Security.
Most of our clients need to take legal action for immediate financial support. Our attorneys can help you properly take the necessary steps to receive Supplemental Security Income benefits. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Our attorneys will help you through the entire Social Security process to obtain your benefits:
- We will help you file an application for SSI benefits. This process can be complex and arduous, requiring the assistance of an experienced attorney. Mistakes in the application or failure to provide supporting documents can lead to a denial.
- We will appeal any denial. If you have received a letter indicating that your claim has been denied, our attorneys can help you take the proper steps to appeal. When your claim is denied, you do have options. Many claims are denied the first time and can easily be appealed with the assistance of an attorney.
- We will resubmit necessary medical documentation. Many claims are denied because of insufficient documentation. Our attorneys will collect and submit the proper documentation to support your claim.
- Request a hearing. If your claim is still denied at reconsideration, our attorneys can request an administrative hearing to present additional evidence on your behalf. We have experience in representing clients at administrative and federal court levels and will take every legal action on your behalf.
Even if your claim has been denied, we can help you take the necessary steps to qualify for Supplemental Security Income. We have assisted clients with all of the following:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Disability Claims
- Application benefits
- Mental disorders
- Expediting your hearing
Contact Gillespie & Murphy, P.A., to schedule a free consultation at our New Bern, Wilmington, Greenville or Jacksonville, North Carolina, offices. We are lawyers with experience to help clients obtain the Supplemental Security Income they need.